Skip To Main Content
10 Ways to Prepare Your Child for Kindergarten
- Read to your child every day.
- Work on fine motor skills with playdough, legos, cutting, sand, etc.
- Practice writing their name with the first letter capitalized.
- Learn to follow 2 step directions.
- Use good manners!
- Learn social skills such as sharing, taking turns, asking for things they want politely, etc.
- Help your child take responsibility such as cleaning up after themself, getting dressed, etc.
- Build self-esteem by allowing your child to struggle and overcome obstacles.
- Teach them to become problem solvers.
- Have fun and let them be kids!